Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sweet Latin America

=ALFAJORES from Argentina=

Alfajores "Tapas" in all sizes mini, medium and giant! LOL



A HUGE dollop of caramel "dulce de leche" MMM!!!



"Closing the gap" LOL just another excuse to add more caramel!
Well it really helps so the coconut sticks to the alfajor or if dipping it in chocolate so it has a smooth edge.



The little ones :)



=EMPANADAS=

EMPANADAS!!! like my mom thought me!
This cute little way to seal them is called a "repulgo" in Spanish it means "fold". Because of the wavy folds to seal and decorate.
My mom taught me to make 'repulgos' as a toddler! of course the only reason I cared to learn back them was so I could get my hands on the fillings usually caramel as soon as she turned here attention elsewhere!



Strawberry Empanadas with sugar diamonds, sealed with a fork to differentiate the caramel ones from the fruit ones.



Pineapple empanadas



Caramel (Dulce de Leche) Empanadas with cinnamon sugar topping.




Giant Empanadas! Left to Right... Pineapple, Caramel, Strawberry and Apricot.



=Tres Leches CUPCAKES=

Golden Moist perfection! MMM!



Some pipped meringue.



different presentations



EAT ME!!!!



Mini alfajor covered in Milk Chocolate and decorated with white chocolate



drizzled alfajores



MMM! the picture speaks for itself!



White Chocolate covered alfajor!!!!

No comments: