Monday, November 27, 2006

Home Cooking

THANKSGIVING!


Brined and Roasted Turkey
I know what you are thinking... the turkey looks a bit over
done on top and under done on the bottom but it wasn't!

LOL Ok my brine had molasses and brown sugar (and lots of
salt to balance the flavor) so the bird caramelized on the exterior.
On the bottom ...
the bird came with underskin fat which I left to avoid drying
so this didn't brown as you can see.
So as soon as I removed the skin and excess fat, the meat was incredibly
tender and jucy! Thanks to the brine and the orange wedges
tucked underneath the extremities.

My recipe came from:
http://www.foodnetwork.com
/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_17081,00.html?rsrc=search

I am not exactly an Emeril fan but this recipe is a keeper... I made it
a bit different by adding white wine to the brine and by injecting the
brine under the turkey's skin; it worked wonders and the bird came
out very tender and most! After 3 1/2 hours of oven time.




Carrot Tsimmes (Jewish carrots), green bean casserole,
corn bread, turkey and cranberry relish + mashed potatoes
with mushroom gravy.

No comments: